Friday, September 9, 2011

9/09/11

Lectio: Lk 6.43-49

“Why do you call me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ but do not do what I command’?” Lk 6.46

“O God, You want and deserve more than lip service from us - You want our hearts and our souls.

I remember Jesus reminded His followers that if they call him, ‘Lord,’ they should do as He commands.

Grant that I may build my spirituality on Jesus’ commands so that I may properly call Him my Lord for so He is.

I ask this of You who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever. Amen.

Operatio: Reflect on “the foundation of my faith” - Is it truly Christ? How do I respond when the storms of life hit. In prayer ask for the grace to build my foundation on Christ by doing what He commands and I will not only survive the storms of this life but I will be with Him forever.

Tomorrow’s readings: Mt 18.21-35

No comments:

Post a Comment