Thursday, September 22, 2011

9/22/11

Lectio: Lk 9.18-22

“The he [Jesus] said to them, ‘But who do you say that I am?’ Peter said in reply, ‘The Messiah of God’.” Lk 9.20

“O God, how dull we are at times in recognizing You and Your works.

I remember that despite the crowds having witnessed Your Son’s works, they did not recognize Him as their Messiah.

Grant that I may always be open to Your presence in others and in the manifestations to me through them or through events.

I ask this of You who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever. Amen.

Operatio: Answer the question, “Who do you say that I am?” which Jesus asked. Son of God, second person of the Trinity, my God, my Savior, my brother through baptism, my best friend - In prayer thank God for the many who influenced me and prepared me to recognize Jesus and then for the grace to do what He asks of us.

Tomorrow’s readings: Lk 9.43b-45

No comments:

Post a Comment