Sunday, September 25, 2011

9/25/11

Lectio: Lk 9.46-50

“An argument arose among the disciples about which of them was the greatest.” Lk 9.46

“O God, You have implanted within us an inspiration for greatness.

I remember Jesus made it clear that greatness is not about intolerance or rivalries but about humbly serving others in Your name.

Grant that I may always use the time, the talent, the treasure You give me as Your child for the sake and needs of Your children.

I ask this of You who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever. Amen.

Operatio: Reflect on saying “ambition” - a good trait, easily perverted in its goals; humble service, child-like, gifts to achieve, gifts come from God. Resole to give thanks to God always for all my gifts and continually ask for the grace to use them to humbly serve Him.

Tomorrow’s readings: Lk 9.51-56

No comments:

Post a Comment