Friday, September 23, 2011

9/23/11

Lectio: Lk 9.43b-45

“Pay attention to what I am telling you. The Son of Man is to be handed over to men.”
Lk 9.44

“O God, You know how often we are so slow to understand and only readily believe what we want to believe.

I remember Jesus declared to his Disciples that He would be handed over to men but they did not understand for at that point they were still believed that He would be an earthly Messiah.

Grant that I may always be open to Your revelation that comes to me through Scripture, through the Church and through people You put in my life.

I ask this of You who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever. Amen.

Operatio: Reflect “Divine Revelation” - Scripture, Church teachings and prayer with others for “Where two or three re gathered in my name, there am I in the midst.” Mt 18.20 In prayer try to gather from time to time with others and do so in Jesus’ name and then be opened to the what Jesus may be saying to me at such times and thank Him for putting such people in my life.

Today is the feast of St. Padre Pio - remember his advice - “Pray and hope but don’t worry for worry is useless.” In prayer to him today ask that he intercede for you for this special grace.

Tomorrow’s readings: Mt 21.28-32

No comments:

Post a Comment