Wednesday, September 21, 2011

9/21/11

Lectio: Lk 9.7-9

“But Herod said, ‘John, I beheaded, who then is this about whom I hear such things? And he kept on trying to see him.” Lk 9.9

“O God, we are often so slow to recognize You.

I remember Herod saw and heard great things about Jesus but that was not enough to convince him - why?

Grant that I may open to Your manifestations to me and others so that I may never miss out on Your presence to us.

I ask this of You who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever. Amen.

Operatio: Reflect on “God’s presence” - obvious at times, subtle at other times; always there for us; our gift of faith enables us to see Him. In prayer ask for the grace of faith and oneness so that I will never miss out on God’s presence.

Tomorrow’s readings: Lk 9.18-22

No comments:

Post a Comment