Saturday, September 10, 2011

9/10/11

Lectio: Mt 18.21-35

“So will my heavenly Father to do you, unless each of you forgives your brother from your heart.” Mt 18,.35

“O God, You are kind and merciful but You rightly expect us, who are Your children, to imitate You.

I remember Jesus told a parable about forgiveness with the bottom line - we must forgive others if we expect You to forgive our sins against You.

Grant that I may have the grace of a forgiving heart for Your forgive me my Sins which are enormous offenses against You and the debts owed to me by others are meager in comparison.

I ask this of You who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever. Amen.

Operatio: Reflect on “forgiveness” - my debt equal to 10,000 talents; while the debts owed to me equal 100 denarii. In prayer ask for the grace to readily forgive others even if they do not ask for You readily forgive my sins against You which I could never make up for them.

Tomorrow’s readings: Lk 7.11-17

No comments:

Post a Comment