Thursday, September 1, 2011

9/01/11

Lectio: Lk 5.33-39

“[And] no one who has been drinking old wine desires new, for he says, ‘The old is good’.” Lk 5.39

“ O God, You k now we are complacent and creatures of habit - and You challenge us to be more open.

I remember in response to the Pharisees and Scribes question about fasting, Jesus told them in effect that the kingdom of God was ushered in by Him - but they were content with simply holding onto their habit of fasting without realizing why they were doing it - and sadly, they missed out on a great and wonderful message.

Grant that I may be mindful that I often do and think automatically which can be an obstacle to doing Your will and the need to periodically examine my habitual ways of acting and thinking to see if they are consistent with Your ways.

I ask this of You who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever. Amen.

Operatio: Reflect on the “habits of thoughts and routines of work” - Are any that need to be modified or changed? Pray for the grace to be open to new ways of work and thinking which can draw me closer to the Lord.

Tomorrow’s readings: Lk 6.1-5

No comments:

Post a Comment