Saturday, September 24, 2011

9/24/11

Lectio: Mt 21.28-32

“He said in reply, ‘I will not,’ but afterwards changed his mind and went.”
Mt 21.29

“O God, You are so patient with us.

I remember Jesus told a parable about two sons who were told by their father to go and work in the vineyard, which stands for Your kingdom here on earth, but the first son said no but then later changed his mind and went and he received Your approval.

Grant that my response to Your call to work for Your kingdom here on earth may be always pleasing to You.

I ask this of You who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever. Amen.

Operatio: Reflect on saying “Yes” to God - it is a process; it is an act of the will; it is way of living; it is motivated by love, it is made possible through grace; it is not always easy but it is always pleasing to God. Pray for the grace to say “yes” in good times and in bad times so that all I say, do and am will give glory and thanks to God who loves me.

Tomorrow’s readings: Lk 9.46-50

No comments:

Post a Comment