Thursday, March 8, 2012

3/08/12

Lectio: Gn 37.3-4, 12-13a, 17b-28a

Meditatio: “They sold Joseph to the Ishmaelites for twenty pieces of silver.” Gn 37.28a
Oratio: ""O God, You know how treacherous we can be - yet You continue to love us.
I remember Joseph’s brother sold him into slavery for 20 pieces of silver. Yet Joseph would be Your instrument for saving his clan from starving.
Grant that I may realize that my sins are a betrayal of You but You continue to watch over me and only desire my return to You.

I ask this of You, who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever.
Amen.”

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: Operatio : Reflect on "20 pieces of silver”; echoes Christ’s being sold for 30 pieces of silver; Joseph was their brother; Jesus is our brother - how we deserve to be punished! In prayer thank our heavenly Father for being so kind and merciful and ask for the grace to remain steadfast in faith.

Tomorrow's readings: Mi 7.14-15, 18-20

No comments:

Post a Comment