Saturday, March 24, 2012

3.24.12

Lectio: Jer 31.31-34

Meditatio: “But this is the covenant which I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the Lord. I will place my law within them, and write it upon their hearts. I will be their God and they will be my people.” Jer 31.33

Oratio: "O God, You so much want all to know You as their God for their good and You made it easy.

I remember Your prophet, Jeremiah, declared a new covenant of love with Your chosen people - You would write it on their hearts so they would readily know You and love You - How easy You made it for us.

Grant that I may rejoice in Your covenanted love and respond with my love.
Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: Reflect: " covenant”; a solemn contract; a contract based on love; the basis for our salvation; between God as the Lover and us as the beloved; written on our hearts at our baptism; in prayer seek the grace to honor the covenant through a life of selfless service, love and understanding.

Tomorrow's reading: Is 7.10-14, 8.10

No comments:

Post a Comment