Monday, February 25, 2013

2 /25 13

Lectio: Mt 23.1-12

Meditatio: "The greatest among you must be your servant." Mt 23.11

Oratio: "O God, You know our innate desires to be recognized and You provided a sure way of our achieving it.

I remember Your Son told His disciples that if you’ are the servant of others, you will be the greatest. How simple! How challenging!

Grant that I may be always willing serve the needs of others and refrain from asking to be served..

I ask these and all things through Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with the

Father and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever and ever.

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: reflect on "servant": one who carries out the orders of a master or a superior; the Sisters Servants of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, I.H.M., readily comes to my mind as I was taught by them; and so do all the members of religious orders who readily serve the needs or carry out the orders or directives of their superiors.; in prayer thank God for the many people, known and unknown, who have served me by providing for my temporal and spiritual needs; may they bask one day in glory in Your presence; and may I willingly served the needs of those who lives I touch.

Tomorrow's reading: Mt 20.17-28

No comments:

Post a Comment