Saturday, February 16, 2013

2/16/13

Lectio: ::Lk 4.1-13

Meditatio: "The devil said to him [Jesus], ‘I shall give to you all the power and their glory; for it has been handed over to me, and I may give it to whomever I wish’." Lk 4.6

Oratio: "O God, You allowed Your Son to be tempted by the devil to show us the cunning of the Evil One.

I remember the threefold temptations of Your Son by the devil which would give Your Son all that He came to do without any pain or suffering in exchange for one act of idolatry.



Grant that I may always realize the great power and cunning of the Devil and seek and be open to Your Holy Spirit as my only sure defense against him.

I ask these and all things through Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with the

Father and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever and ever.

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: reflect on "power and their glory"; control of and honor from all the kingdoms of the world; all for just one act of worship of the Devil and Jesus said,"No!"; in prayer thank God for His Holy Spirit to enlighten, guide and strengthen me in times of temptation for without the help of the Holy Spirit I would be powerless.

Tomorrow's reading Mt 25.31-46

No comments:

Post a Comment