Friday, February 8, 2013

2/08/13

Lectio: Mk 6.30-34

Meditatio: "He [Jesus] said to them [His disciples], ‘Come away by yourselves to a deserted place and rest a while’." Mk 6.31a

Oratio: "O God, You know the importance of rest for us so that we can recharge our physical and spiritual batteries.

I remember Jesus told His disciples who had just returned from a missionary journey, to go by themselves to a deserted place and rest a while.

Grant that I may heed Your advice for the good of my body and my soul and daily seek a quiet place and annually seek a week of quiet space so that I may be truly alive in You.

I ask these and all things through Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with the

Father and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever and ever.

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: reflect on "deserted place"; a quiet place; a place of solitude; a place by one self; in prayer thank Jesus for confirming the advice of His Father and heed His call for resting from one’s daily task so that the health of body and soul may be sustained for the good of both.

Tomorrow's reading :Lk 5.1-11

No comments:

Post a Comment