Tuesday, February 12, 2013

2/12/13

Lectio: ::Mt 6.1-6,16-18

Meditatio: "[But] take care not to perform righteous deeds in order that people see them; otherwise, you will have no recompense from your heavenly Father." Mt 6.1

Oratio: "O God, You give us Lend as a great season to reform our lives and You tell us how.

I remember Your Son urged His disciples to perform the ascetical practices of prayer, almsgiving and fasting but to do so in private.



Grant that I may use this Lent which begins tomorrow to increase my ascetical practices and to do so without any fanfare.

I ask these and all things through Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with the

Father and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever and ever.

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: reflect on "righteous deeds"; deeds that help us to be just persons; deeds of prayer, almsgiving, fasting; in prayer seek the grace to lift up my mind and heart to God frequently, to be generous and to limit my intake of food and drink and to do so to please You and not for public acclaim.

Tomorrow's reading :Lk 9.22-25

No comments:

Post a Comment