Monday, February 11, 2013

2/11/13

Lectio: ::Mk 7.1-13

Meditatio: "The people honor me with their lips but their hearts are far from me." Mk 7.6b

Oratio: "O God, You desire our love and not simply our praise.

I remember Your Son admonished the Pharisees for insisting on the keeping of mere human traditions while ignoring Your commandments - thus appearing holy but their hearts were not into giving You Your due - their love!



Grant that I may express with my heart what I profess with my actions so that I may honor You as You deserve..

I ask these and all things through Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with the

Father and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever and ever.

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: reflect on "their hearts"; the vital principle; the core of one’s being; the "who" the person is; in prayer ask for the grace to be authentic and to give praise and honor and Love to God with my whole being and not simply by my external expressions.

Tomorrow's reading :Mt 6.1-6,16-18

No comments:

Post a Comment