Tuesday, May 4, 2010

5/04/10

Lectio - Jn 15.1-8

Meditatio: “I am the vine and my Father is the vine grower.” Jn 15.1

Oratio: "O God, what a wonderful analogy You have given us as to Your role and Your Son’s role in our salvation.

I remember Jesus likened You to the vine grower and Himself as the vine. He then said we were the branches which You prune so that we might bear more fruit.

Grant that I may always remain attached to Your Son so that I may do all things and endure all things out of love and bear fruit which will last.

I ask this of You, who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever. Amen.”

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: Today, I will reach out in Jesus’ name and do things for others.

Tomorrow’s selection is from Jn 15.9-11

No comments:

Post a Comment