Sunday, May 23, 2010

5/23/10

Lectio - Mk 10.17-27

Meditatio: “The disciples were amazed at his words. So Jesus again said to them in reply, ‘Children, how hard it is to enter the kingdom of God’!”

Oratio: "O God, Your kingdom is a gift to us if we truly want it.

I remember Jesus made this clear to the rich young man who was so attached to his possessions that he preferred them to Jesus. He only wanted Your kingdom on his terms.

Grant that I may never remain so attached to anything in this world that I would not give it up for You.

I ask this of You, who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever. Amen.”

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: Today I will examine my life to see if I have become inordinately attached to things, and if I have, begin to release that attachment by using them to serve others in need.

Tomorrow’s selection is from Mk 10.28-31

No comments:

Post a Comment