Friday, May 7, 2010

5/07/10

Lectio - Jn 15.18-21

Meditatio: “No slave is greater than his master. If they persecuted me, they will persecute you. If they kept my word, they will also keep your word.” Jn 15.20

Oratio: "O God, You forewarned us about the cost of discipleship.

I remember Jesus told us that He would be persecuted and we would also be persecuted by a world that neither knows Him or knows us.

Grant that I may rejoice in being a slave of Jesus and accept joyfully the consequences of being His disciple.

I ask this of You, who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever. Amen.”

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: Today, I will say a prayer for those who do not accept me as a Christian and for those who do.

Tomorrow’s selection is from Jn 14.23-29

No comments:

Post a Comment