Thursday, May 27, 2010

5/26/10

Lectio - Mk 10.46-52

Meditatio: “Jesus said to him in reply, ‘What do you want me to do for you?’ The blind man replied to him, ‘Master, I want to see’.” Mk 10.51

Oratio: "O God, You are so magnanimous and gracious to us.

I remember when Jesus asked Bartimaeus what did he want from him, Bartimaeus replied and Jesus gave him what he wanted -his sight, because of his faith.

Grant that I may realize Your Son is always asking me, ‘What do I want of him?’ and He will grant my wish if I ask him for it with faith and for my faith.

I ask this of You, who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever. Amen.”

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: Today I will reflect on what I truly need Christ to do for me which like Bartimaeus will help me to follow Jesus on my faith’s journey.

Tomorrow’s selection is from Mk 11.11-26

5/27/10

Lectio - Mk 11.11-26

Meditatio: “Peter remembered and said to him, ‘Rabbi, look! The fig tree you cursed has withered’.” Mk 11.21

Oratio: "O God, we can frustrate Your plans but never prevent them.

I remember Jesus cursed the fig tree, which stands for the House of Judah, because it did not bear fruit You wanted. And it withered. But then Jesus gave His life to bring about salvation for all.

Grant that I may be always open to Your will and produce the fruit you desire.

I ask this of You, who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever. Amen.”

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: Today I will examine my duties to God, others and self and seek God’s help with those areas in which I am lacking so that I may produce the fruit He wants.

Tomorrow’s selection is from Mk 11.27-33

No comments:

Post a Comment