Saturday, May 15, 2010

5/15/10

Lectio - Jn 17.20-26

Meditatio: “Father, they are your gift to me. I wish that where I am they also may be with me, that they may see my glory you gave me, because you loved me before the foundation of the world.” Jn 17.24

Oratio: "O God, what wonderful dignity you have bestowed on us. .

I remember Jesus in His high priestly prayer to You, spoke of us as ‘Your gift to’ Him and He rejoiced in that fact and prayed that we would share in His glory and Your love - How precious Your Son holds us!

Grant that I may live as his little brother so that those whose lives I touch in this world will come to know Him and love Him.

I ask this of You, who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever. Amen.”

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: Today I will reflect on the fact that I am a “gift to” Jesus.

Tomorrow’s selection is from Jn 16.29-33

No comments:

Post a Comment