Saturday, May 8, 2010

5/08/10

Lectio - Jn 14.23-29

Meditatio: “Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give it to you. Do not let your hearts be troubled or afraid.” Jn 14.27

Oratio: "O God, You hade graced us with a source of calmness when matters are in turmoil.

I remember Your Son left his peace and gave it to us so we would not be troubled or afraid. He made it easy for us to accept His peace- simply to love as we ought.

Grant that I may do what I ought so that I may abide in Your peace now and forever.

I ask this of You, who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever. Amen.”

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: Today, if I am confronted with trouble, I will draw on the peace of Jesus to see me through it.

Tomorrow’s selection is from Jn 15.26-16.4a

No comments:

Post a Comment