Sunday, May 16, 2010

5/16/10

Lectio - Jn 16.29-33

Meditatio: “I have told you this so that you might have peace in me. In the world you will have trouble, but take courage. I have conquered the world.” Jn 16.33

Oratio: "O God, You know we are weak and fearful.

I remember You did not leave us to our own devices. Rather You gave us Your Son who conquered the world and gave us a peace which the world cannot give -Yours!

Grant that in the face of adversity that I may remember to call on Your Son for courage and He will give it to me.

I ask this of You, who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever. Amen.”

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: Today I will savor the peace Christ has given to us.

Tomorrow’s selection is from Jn 17.1-11a

No comments:

Post a Comment