Thursday, May 6, 2010

5/05/10

Lectio - Jn 15.9-11

Meditatio: “I have told you this so that my joy might be in you and your joy might be complete.” Jn 15.11

Oratio: "O God, You want us to be truly happy.

I remember Jesus gave us a simple prescription for happiness - love - and we do so by keeping Your commandments.

Grant that I may keep Your commandments so that Jesus may remain in me and my joy will be complete.

I ask this of You, who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever. Amen.”

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: Today, I will reflect on Jesus’ dwelling within me.

Tomorrow’s selection is from Jn 15.12-17

5/06/10

Lectio - Jn 15.12-17

Meditatio: “No one has greater love than this, to lay down one’s life for one’s friends.”
Jn 15.13

Oratio: "O God, You, who have everything, want us as your friends.

I remember Jesus revealed this when he commanded us to love one another. And He showed his friendship for us in an extraordinary way. He laid down His life for us -Wow!

Grant that I may live as a true friend by loving others as You have loved me.

I ask this of You, who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever. Amen.”

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: Today, I will make a special effort to be a friend to some one in need.

Tomorrow’s selection is from Jn 15.18-21

No comments:

Post a Comment