Wednesday, May 12, 2010

5/11/10

Lectio - Jn 16.12-15

Meditatio: “But when he comes, then the Spirit of truth will guide you to all truth.”
Jn 16.13a

Oratio: "O God, You know how foible and dull we are - yet You did not leave us unaided.

I remember Jesus proclaimed that the Spirit of truth would be sent to us to guide us to You - the source of all truth.

Grant that I may be open to the promptings of the Spirit, and expect it and act upon it and He will guide me to You.

I ask this of You, who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever. Amen.”

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: Today I will actively look for the Spirit especially when I receive the Eucharist.

Tomorrow’s selection is from Lk 24.46-53.


5/12/10

Lectio - Lk 24.46-53

Meditatio: “As he blessed them he parted from them and was taken up to heaven.”
Lk 24.51

Oratio: "O God, Your Son and the Spirit are united in the mystery of the Trinity.

I remember as Your Son ascended into heaven after his earthly work was completed, You sent the Spirit to be with us - how mysterious Your ways - separation yet unity.

Grant that I may rejoice in the blessings of the Ascension - Your Spirit’s presence among us and in us.

I ask this of You, who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever. Amen.”

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: Today I will be alert for the Spirit in others.

Tomorrow’s selection is from Jn 15.9-17.

No comments:

Post a Comment