Monday, May 24, 2010

5/24/10

Lectio - Mk 10.28-31

Meditatio: “But many that are first will be last, and [the] last will be first.” Mk 10.31

Oratio: "O God, Your ways are not our ways and Your standards are not our standards.

I remember Your Son revealed that is not riches or status that is important. Rather it is work, sacrifice and enduring suffering for the sake of the Good News that really counts. And He promised blessings a hundred times more than we give up and eternal life as well.

Grant that I may not be concerned with whether I am first or last, but only whether I am doing Your will.

I ask this of You, who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever. Amen.”

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: Today I will reflect on who I am and what I do and whether my life promote the Good News.

Tomorrow’s selection is from Mk 10.32-45

No comments:

Post a Comment