Saturday, May 29, 2010

5/29/10

Lectio - Jn 16.12-15

Meditatio: “Everything that the Father has is mine; for this reason I told you that he (Spirit of truth) will take from what is mine and declare it to you.” Jn 16.15

Oratio: "O God, You are unique; yet You are three.

I remember Jesus revealed this in His farewell discourse when He proclaimed You as Father and the one who is to come after Him as the Spirit of truth who will declare Him to the world.

Grant that I may rejoice in the fact that I am made in Your image - a relational person, a person of love - imbued with Your Spirit.

I ask this of You, who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever. Amen.”

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: Today I will reflect on the uniqueness of our Christian faith - faith in One God and three persons within God.

Tomorrow’s selection is from Lk 1.39-56

No comments:

Post a Comment