Tuesday, May 25, 2010

5/25/10

Lectio - Mk 10.32-45

Meditatio: “Jesus said to them (James &John), ‘You do not know what you are asking. Can you drink the cup that I drink or be baptized in the baptism with which I am baptized’?” Mk 10.38

Oratio: "O God, our time on earth is fleeting and our contribution is so insignificant. Yet You have destined us for eternal happiness.

I remember Jesus told us what little we have to do to achieve our destiny - lovingly accept the cup we are given to drink; i.e., the work you have assigned to us - and we will share in Your eternal glory.

Grant that I may fulfill my baptismal role and live as Your docile and obedient child.

I ask this of You, who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever. Amen.”

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: Today I will reflect on how well I am drinking the cup God has given to me and how wonderfully He has blest me for so little on my part.

Tomorrow’s selection is from Mk 10.32-45

No comments:

Post a Comment