Friday, May 28, 2010

5/29/10

Lectio - Mk 11.27-33

Meditatio: “So they said to Jesus in reply, ‘We do not know.’ Then Jesus said to them, ‘Neither shall I tell you be what authority I do these things’.” Mk 11.33

Oratio: "O God, to the open-minded, who seek You with a sincere heart, You make Yourself known.

I remember Jesus replied to the religious elite that He would not tell them by what authority He did things was in fact a clear disclosure that He did them by Your authority for those who were open-minded knew John’s baptism was based on Your authority.

Grant that I may accept the truths which Jesus revealed and which are proclaimed for us by the Church.

I ask this of You, who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever. Amen.”

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: Today I will examine myself to see where I am close-minded and resolve to guard against that tendency.

Tomorrow’s selection is from Jn 16.12-15

No comments:

Post a Comment