Monday, May 17, 2010

5/17/10

Lectio - Jn 17.1-11a

Meditatio: “Now this is eternal life, to know you, the only true God, and the one you sent, Jesus Christ.” Jn 17.3

Oratio: "O God, in Your plan our mortal life is to be transformed to eternal life.

I remember You Son revealed in His prayer to You that this is accomplished by our knowing You as the one true God and Him as the Messiah. How simple but how profound!

Grant that I may accept Your gift of eternal life in the here and the now with a knowledge of You and Your Son that leads me to do Your will.

I ask this of You, who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever. Amen.”

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: Today I will rejoice in Your gift of eternal life.

Tomorrow’s selection is from Jn 17.11b-19

No comments:

Post a Comment