Thursday, May 20, 2010

5/19/10

Lectio - Jn 17.20-26

Meditatio: “I in them and you in me, that they may be brought to perfection as one, that the world may know you sent me, and that you loved them even as you loved me.” Jn 17.23

Oratio: "O God, someone once said, ‘Who am I that you should keep me in mind?’ I am like the morning dew or the summer flower - insignificant in the universe but not to You.

I remember Jesus at the Last Supper prayed that we would be brought to perfection and that You loved us as You loved Him. Why? - A gracious mystery.

Grant that I may rejoice and bask in the worthy you bestowed on me.

I ask this of You, who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever. Amen.”

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: Today I will reflect on the worth I have in God’s eyes and rejoice in it.

Tomorrow’s selection is from Jn 21.15-19

5/20/10

Lectio - Jn 21.15-19

Meditatio: “When they had finished breakfast, Jesus said to Simon Peter, ‘Simon, son of John, do you love me more than these?’ He said to him, ‘Yes, Lord, you know I love you.’ He said to him, ‘Tend my lambs’.”

Oratio: "O God, You know how easy our hearts go astray so You appointed a shepherd to tend and feed us. Who?

I remember Jesus after eliciting a threefold affirmation of Peter’s love for Him, commanded Peter to tend and feed His lambs and sheep (us).

Grant that I may accept the guidance and nourishment You provide for us through Peter’s successors.

I ask this of You, who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever. Amen.”

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: Today and everyday I will humbly submit and follow the guidance of the Pope and my Archbishop.

Tomorrow’s selection is from Jn 21.20-25

No comments:

Post a Comment