Thursday, June 3, 2010

6/02/10

Lectio - Mk 12.28-34

Meditatio: “And to love him with all your heart, with all your understanding, with all your strength, and to love your neighbor as yourself is worth more than all burnt offerings and sacrifices.” Mk 12.33

Oratio: "O God, our duty and our dignity are based on one thing - love!

I remember in the Scribes in repeating Jesus answer added that to love God and our neighbor as ourselves is greater than all burnt offerings and sacrifices.

Grant that I may always love You and others and live the image in which You created me - You!

I ask this of You, who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever. Amen.”

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: Today I will examine those areas of my life in which I am not the person of love I am called to be and begin to change.

Tomorrow’s selection is from Mk .12.35-37

6/03/10

Lectio - Mk 12.35-37

Meditatio: “David himself calls him, ‘lord’‘ how is he his Son? [The] great crowd heard this with delight.” Mk 12.37

Oratio: "O God, You desire that we know more fully the mysteries of our salvation.

I remember Jesus revealed that the Messiah’s (His) origin is greater than his father, David, for He is before David as Your Son before He is David’s son.

Grant that I may delight in Christ’s revelations as the crowds of His day did.

I ask this of You, who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever. Amen.”

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: Today I will reread Mk. 12.28-37 and imagine that I am in the crowd as Jesus speaks.

Tomorrow’s selection is from Mk .12-38-44

No comments:

Post a Comment