Friday, June 4, 2010

6/04/10

Lectio - Mk 12.38-44

Meditatio: “Calling his disciples to himself, he said to them, ‘Amen, I say to you, this poor widow put in more than all the other contributors to the treasury’.” Mk 12.43

Oratio: "O God, You see the hearts of all.

I remember Jesus observed the poor widow putting in two small coins into the Temple treasury and He told His disciples that she ‘put in more than all the other contributors.’ He saw her heart.

Grant that what I do, may not be for show, but only tell what is in my heart and may my heart be in tune with Yours.

I ask this of You, who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever. Amen.”

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: Today I will examine myself to see what practices I do for others to see rather than for God to see and begin to root them out.

Tomorrow’s selection is from Lk 9.11b-17

No comments:

Post a Comment