Thursday, June 10, 2010

6/09/10

Lectio - Mt 5.20-26

Meditatio: “leave your gift there at the altar, go first and be reconciled with your brother, and then come back and offer your gift.” Mt 5.24

Oratio: "O God, You are compassionate and merciful and want us to imitate You.

I remember Jesus said that before we come to worship You, we should first be reconciled with one another making it clear how important it is to be merciful to one another.

Grant that I may be kind and gentle towards others and immediately seek to be reconciled if I offend someone.

I ask this of You, who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever. Amen.”

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: Examine my life today to see if there is anyone whom I have offended and have not been reconciled and if so, to begin the process regardless of who is to blame.


Tomorrow’s selection is from Lk 15.3-7

6/10/10

Lectio - Lk 15.3-7

Meditatio: “And upon his arrival home, he calls together his friends and neighbors and says to them, ‘Rejoice with me because I have found my lost sheep’.” Lk 15.6

Oratio: "O God, all of us are so precious to You - the good, the bad, the in-between!

I remember Jesus told a parable of a shepherd searching for a lost sheep and rejoicing when it was found - so great is Your concern for the lost and Your love when they find You again.

Grant that I may be a willing “search and find” instrument for those who have strayed from Your flock.

I ask this of You, who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever. Amen.”

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: Reflect today on whom the Holy Spirit is prompting me to reach out so that they may find Jesus and then follow the promptings of the Holy Spirit as to what to do.

Tomorrow’s selection is from Lk 2.41-51

No comments:

Post a Comment