Saturday, June 26, 2010

6/26/10

Lectio - Lk 9.51-62

Meditatio: “When the disciples, James and John, saw this they asked, ‘Lord, do you want us to call down fire from heaven to consume them’?” Lk 9.54

Oratio: "O God, You show mercy and restraint in dealing with us.

I remember Jesus rebuked his disciples when they wanted to call down fire to consume the Samaritan village who did not welcome Your Son and His disciples.

Grant that I may only use the power I have to advance Your kingdom and never for revenge.

I ask this of You, who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever. Amen.”

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: Today, I will reflect on the power I have and how effectively I am using it to advance God’s kingdom.

Tomorrow’s selection is from Mt 8.18-22

No comments:

Post a Comment