Friday, June 11, 2010

6/11/10

Lectio - Lk 2.41-51

Meditatio: “He went down with them to Nazareth, and was obedient to them; and his mother kept all these things in her heart.” Lk 2.51

Oratio: "O God, Your will is often something we do not understand; yet is always for good.

I remember Your Son at age 12 remained in Jerusalem without telling his parents; causing them great anxiety; and when they found him his answer to “Why” further astounded them. Yet His doing so revealed His Sonship with You. How mysterious!

Grant that like Mary that when things I do not understand happen and our contrary to the way I think things should be; to place them in my heart and put my trust in You.

I ask this of You, who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever. Amen.”

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: Reflect on my willingness to let God be God in all things.


Tomorrow’s selection is from Lk 7.36-8.3

No comments:

Post a Comment