Wednesday, June 23, 2010

6/23/10

Lectio - Lk 1.57-66, 80

Meditatio: “Her (Elizabeth’s) neighbors and relatives heard that the Lord had shown his great mercy toward her, and they rejoiced with her.” Lk 1.58

Oratio: "O God, every child that is born is Your wonderful gift to us.

I remember Elizabeth’s neighbors and relatives saw her giving birth to John in her old age was not a mistake but a sign of Your mercy toward her and they rejoiced with her.

Grant that I may always see that each child that is born is a sign that You have not given up on the world and as sign of hope for the world.

I ask this of You, who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever. Amen.”

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: Today, I will rejoice with my family for the wonderful gift of Alexander Timothy Gerard Whitworth, my fourth great grandchild, who was born last evening.

Tomorrow’s selection is from Lk 1.57-66, 80

No comments:

Post a Comment