Thursday, June 24, 2010

6/24/10

Lectio - Mt 8.1-4

Meditatio: “He stretched out his hand, touched him, and said, ‘I will do it. Be made clean’. His leprosy was cleansed immediately.” Mt 8.3

Oratio: "O God, You know we need to be touched to know we are loved.

I remember Your Son touched the untouchable, the leper, treating him as a hurting human being and not as an outcast, and He cured him.

Grant that I may always remember the power of touch and use it appropriately to show my love especially for those who are hurting.

I ask this of You, who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever. Amen.”

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: Today, I will be mindful of the power of touch and use it appropriately to show my love to those who are in need.

Tomorrow’s selection is from Mt 8.5-17

No comments:

Post a Comment