Tuesday, June 22, 2010

I am sorry that I was not able to post while I was in Mexico. The hotel computer I tried to use prevented me from accessing my site as it thought it might be a possible hacker site. Here is yesterday's and today's Lectio.

6/21/10

Lectio - Mt 7.6, 12-14

Meditatio: “Do to others whatever you would have them do to you. This it the Law and the Prophets.” Mt 7.12

Oratio: "O God, Your ways are mysterious but the way to You is clear.

I remember Jesus taught that the whole law and the prophets are summed up very clearly an succinctly : ‘Do to others as You would have them do to you.’

Grant that I may be a person of love so that my way will lead me to Your way.

I ask this of You, who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever. Amen.”

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: Today, I will examine my philosophy of life and purge it off non-loving ways.

Tomorrow’s selection is from Mt 7.15-20

6/22/10

Lectio - Mt 7.15-20

Meditatio: “By your fruits you will know them.” Mt 7.20

Oratio: "O God, You know we can be deceived by false prophets.

I remember Jesus told us how to recognize the true prophet from the false. He said we need look at what they produce and not at appearances.

Grant that I may discern the good from the bad and not be mislead by the false prophet of materialism.

I ask this of You, who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever. Amen.”

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: Today, I will reflect on the false prophets in my life and begin to purge them.

Tomorrow’s selection is from Lk 1.57-66, 80

No comments:

Post a Comment