Tuesday, June 8, 2010

6/08/10

Lectio - Mt 5.17-19

Meditatio: “Do not think that I have come to abolish the law, or the prophets. I have come not to abolish but to fulfill.” Mt 5.17

Oratio: "O God, You provide the way to righteousness to people throughout all the ages.

I remember You gave the Israelites the Mosaic Law and the Prophets as their way to You. And Your Son gave us the best way to You - the two great laws of love - which fulfill the law and the prophets.

Grant that whatever I do may always be done out of selfless love.

I ask this of You, who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever. Amen.”

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: Tonight, I will examine my day in the light of love.

Tomorrow’s selection is from Mt 5.20-26

No comments:

Post a Comment