Saturday, June 12, 2010

6/12/10

Lectio - Lk 7.36-8.3

Meditatio: “she stood behind him at his feet weeping and began to wash his feet with her tears. Then she wiped them with her hair, kissed them, and anointed them with ointment.” Lk 7.38

Oratio: "O God, You forgive much if we have faith.

I remember Jesus accepted the sinful woman’s washing of his feet, her kissing them and anointing them as a sign of her great faith in Him and as a sign of her great love for Him because she was forgiven much.

Grant that when I have the misfortune to sin to not wallow in them but to imitate the sinful woman of today’s Gospel and I will be once again embraced by God’s forgiving love.

I ask this of You, who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever. Amen.”

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: Today, I will ponder the question: “Do I love Jesus as much as the sinful woman of the Gospel? If not, why not?”

Tomorrow’s selection is from Mt 5.38-42

No comments:

Post a Comment