Sunday, June 13, 2010

6/13/10

Lectio - Mt 5.38-42

Meditatio: “But I say to you, offer no resistance to one who is evil. When someone strikes you on [your] right cheek, turn the other to him as well.” Mt 5.39

Oratio: "O God, You know we are incapable of ministering justice to one another but You know we have the capacity to love.

I remember Your Son taught that proportionate response to an injury is not Your way -nor should it be our way. Rather we should respond in a way to diffuse the situation..

Grant that when I am hurt, that I will respond with love.

I ask this of You, who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever. Amen.”

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: Today, I will examine my responses to hurts. If they are proportionate, I will reflect on what loving response I could have done to diffuse the situation and then resolve to do so the next time I am hurt.

Tomorrow’s selection is from Mt 5.43-48

No comments:

Post a Comment