Sunday, June 27, 2010

6/27/10

Lectio - Mt 8. 18-22

Meditatio: “But Jesus answered him, ‘Follow me, and let the dead bury the dead’.”
Mt 18.22

Oratio: "O God, at times Your commands seem to be unreasonable.

I remember Jesus told a follower who wanted to bury his father before following Jesus, to “Follow Him and let the dead bury the dead” - how harsh this most of been to the ears of tha Jew who had been taught from his youth to honor his father and his mother!

Grant that I may hear in these words of Jesus the message that discipleship means total commitment to Your Son and then willingly give it to Him.

I ask this of You, who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever. Amen.”

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: Today, I will examine my response to discipleship and see if I am holding back on anything or for anyone.

Tomorrow’s selection is from Mt 16.13-19

No comments:

Post a Comment