Tuesday, June 15, 2010

6/15/10

Lectio - Mt 6.1-6, 16-18

Meditatio: “But when you pray, go to your inner room, close the door, and pray to your Father in secret. And your Father, who sees in secret, will repay you.’ Mt 6.6

Oratio: "O God, You desire an intimate relationship with us.

I remember Jesus taught that our almsgiving, our fasting, our prayers are to be done in a way that only you know for they are expressions of our intimate relationship with You.

Grant that I may always go to my inner room where only You and I are and only there do the ascetical acts that express my love for You.

I ask this of You, who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever. Amen.”

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: Today, I will examine my ascetical practices to see if I am doing any of them for the purposes of show. If so, devise a plan to purify them and then carry it out.

Tomorrow’s selection is from Mt 6.7-15

No comments:

Post a Comment