Wednesday, June 16, 2010

6/16/10

Lectio - Mt 6.7-15

Meditatio: “If you forgive others their transgressions, your heavenly Father will forgive you yours.” Mt 6.14

Oratio: "O God, You want us to be merciful to others.

I remember Jesus taught us how to pray and summed it up with the admonition if you expect to be forgiven, you must forgive others.

Grant me the grace to imitate You and be merciful to others who offend me.

I ask this of You, who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever. Amen.”

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: Today, I will examine my relationship with others to see if I have withheld forgiveness from anyone. If I have, to pray for the grace to see how to forgive and then do do so.

Tomorrow’s selection is from Mt 6.19-23

P.S. I will be away until June 22nd. I will resume Lectio then. In the meantime,
I may be able to publish my daily Lectio on my blog. You can check by going to www.FatherPop-Pop.blogspot.com

1 comment:

  1. 12/28/11

    Lectio: Lk 2.22-35

    Meditatio: “and Simeon blessed them and said to Mary his mother, ‘Behold this child is destined for the fall and rise of many in Israel, and to be a sign that will be contradicted’.” Lk 2.34

    Oratio: "O God, You gave us and unmistakable sign of Your love -Your crucified Son!
    I remember Simeon had predicted that Your Son would be sign that would be contradicted as Jews considered it a curse to hung on a tree; but for all it would be salvation.

    Grant that I may never doubt God’s infinite love for me and for all.

    I ask this of You, who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever.
    Amen.”

    Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

    Operatio: Reflect on “sign” - a pointer; a message; the Cross; God’s love for us; Jesus’ crucified. In prayer thank God for loving us so.

    Tomorrow’s reading - Jn 1.1-18

    ReplyDelete