Wednesday, September 1, 2010

9/01/10

Lectio - Lk 5.1-11

Meditatio: “When they brought their boats to the shore, they [Peter, James, John] left everything and followed him.” Lk 5.11

Oratio: "O God, You gave us everything and You deserve everything from us.

I remember Peter, James and John left everything - their boats, their jobs, their families - and followed Your Son - how generous was their response.

Grant that I may not be afraid to ‘put out to the deep waters’ with Jesus and leave everything for You and to advance Your kingdom here on earth..

I ask this of You, who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever. Amen.”

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: Reflect - am I holding back for myself that which I should be giving over to Jesus. If so, ask for the grace to give it up for the Lord; and then with the help of God’s grace, do so.

Tomorrow’s reading - Lk 5.33-39

No comments:

Post a Comment