Thursday, September 16, 2010

9/15/10

Lk 7.36-50

Meditatio: “But he said to the woman, ‘Your faith has saved you; go in peace’.” Lk 7.50

Oratio: "O God, You desire all to be reconciled with You.

I remember Your Son forgave the sinful woman because among other things she showed her faith by her tears.

Grant that I may show forth love to others for love is a a consequence of faith and being forgiven.

I ask this of You, who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever. Amen.”

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: Reflect on the fact that I have been forgiven often and much by the Lord and have I shown my gratitude by loving more?

Tomorrow’s reading - Lk 8.1-3

9/16/10

Lk 8.1-3

Meditatio: “Joanna, the wife of Herod’s steward, Chuza, Susanna, and many other who provided for them (Jesus and the 12) out of their means.” Lk 8.3

Oratio: "O God, all are precious in Your eyes.

I remember Jesus broke with the 1st century rabbis’ protocol and not only spoke with women but allowed them to accompany him on his journey through Galilee and accepted financial support 12 from them for the 12 and himself.

Grant that I may act contrary to the culture of my age that Is contrary to Christ’s culture.

I ask this of You, who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever. Amen.”

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: Reflect on the prejudices of my time and whether I have been infected by them. If so, to make a conscious effort to treat all with love.

Tomorrow’s reading - Lk 8.4-15

No comments:

Post a Comment