Thursday, September 9, 2010

9/08/10

Lectio - Lk 6.27-38

Meditatio: “But to you who hear I say, love your enemies, do good to those who hate you.” Lk 6.29

Oratio: "O God, Your ways are amazing,

I remember Jesus proclaimed we should love our enemies and be good to those who hate us - how contrary to our intstincts!

Grant that I may heed Your advice and with other like-minded people, become leaven for peace.

I ask this of You, who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever. Amen.”

9/09/10

Lectio - Lk 6.39-42

Meditatio: “Why do you notice the splinter in your brother’‘s eye, but do not perceive the beam in your own?” Lk 6.41

Oratio: "O God, judgment belongs to you for You alone see the heart.

I remember Jesus warned about judging others in a parable that was both humorous and pointed. He likened our judging others to noticing the splinters in their eyes while ignoring the beam in our own eye.

Grant that I may stop judging others lest in judging I also be rightly judged by You.

I ask this of You, who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever. Amen.”

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: Reflect on my habitual daily acts to see if I needless and unthinkingly judge others. If so, turn such judging on myself and this turning when it becomes habitual, will overcome my tendency to judge others.

Tomorrow’s reading - Lk 6.43-49

No comments:

Post a Comment