Thursday, September 2, 2010

9/02/10

Lectio - Lk 5.33-39

Meditatio: “[And] no one who has been drinking old wine desires new, for he says,
‘The old is good’. Lk 5.39

Oratio: "O God, You know how we become so fixed in our ways and are not open to change.

I remember Jesus admonished the Pharisees who were not open to the new way He was proclaiming letting them know that they were stuck in the old ways of relating to God.

Grant that I may not be open to Your ways and drink deeply of it for Your ways are very good.

I ask this of You, who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever. Amen.”

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: Reflect on the unease I am experiencing with the changes in some of the language and gestures in the Roman Missal that will be implemented next Advent and realize that I must drink the new wine and that I will find that the changes are very good for me and for those whom I serve.

Tomorrow’s reading - Lk 6.1-5

No comments:

Post a Comment