Saturday, September 25, 2010

9/25/10

Lk 16.19-31

Meditatio: “Then Abraham said, ‘If they will not listen to Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded is someone will rise from the dead’.” Lk 16.31

Oratio: "O God, You reach out to us, You probe us - but we often harden our heats.

I remember Jesus told the parable of the rich man and the poor man, Lazarus, whose situations were reversed after they died and the chilling statement Abraham made that the rich man’s brothers would not be persuaded by someone (Jesus) who would rise from the dead.

Grant that my heart, mind and soul may always open to the Risen Christ and His will.

I ask this of You, who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever.
Amen.”


Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: Today, I will reflect on the parable of the rich man and Lazarus and see how well I am carrying out its message of concern for the poor in the here and the now and how I could show greater concern.

Tomorrow’s reading - Lk 9.46-50

No comments:

Post a Comment