Friday, September 24, 2010

9/24/10

Lk 9.43b-45

Meditatio: “Pay attention to what I am telling you. The Son of Man is to be handed over to men.” Lk 9.44

Oratio: "O God, You are always here for us, guiding us, shaping us - but we do not always pay attention.

I remember Jesus told his disciples He would be crucified and He admonished them to pay attention to what He was saying - but they did not.

Grant that I may be open to the movement of Your Spirit in my life.

I ask this of You, who lives and reigns with Jesus and the Holy Spirit, one God, forever.
Amen.”

Contemplatio: Keep silence and remain in recollection for a few minutes.

Operatio: Today, I will reflect on my attention span as to the things God is saying to me in my daily life and resolve to be always open to what He is saying to me especially through events of the day and the people He puts in my life each day.

Tomorrow’s reading - Lk 16.19-31

No comments:

Post a Comment